Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Geforce 9600Gt 512mb  (Read 5842 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Geforce 9600Gt 512mb
    « Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
    ok so ive done everything asked ? and im still getting a anoying fps issue , the fps drops from 250 to 40 everytime i move and its not locked!  :-X Help!
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

homer

Expert
      « Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 03:09:36 PM »
      try updating your video card drivers. if that doesnt solve it, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
        Done that homer , and and reinstalled the game as well .

I was thinking it might be my psu giving off dodgy volts :S. Ive been looking round forums all day for the source of the issue , its the only thing i can thinks causing the issues . Its the only part that hasn't been upgraded in the last 9 months either . I just don't want to rule it out . Heres a sensor reading for you Homer.

"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

homer

Expert
          « Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
          im not too educated with everest, but if your voltage readings are correct, i recommend getting a new PSU. the +12v rail looks like its in bad shape. i dont know if replacing the PSU will solve the problem, but it might be good to do simply because of the +12v rail issue.

i recommend purchasing a corsair PSU. the wattage will depend on your budget and plans for the future. if you only plan on using it for the components you have right now, i suggest the corsair 550w. if you plan on having some headroom for upgrading, i suggest the 650w or 750w.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 06:35:18 PM »

homer

Expert
              « Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »
              i dont know too much about the gigabyte brand of PSU's, but the reviews seem pretty positive.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                • Yes
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:47:35 AM »
              I would get this instead:
              http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4L04&CategorySelectedId=11259&NavigationKey=11259&ExposedRefinement=11003

I have a lower end version of that PSU and it rocks.
              Gigabyte's Odin PSUs are pretty good, but I do like the OCZ ones, mine has been fantastic so far.