Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook '07: Suddenly getting "Could not install the custom actions" error msg.  (Read 3369 times)

yitzad

Topic Starter

Hey, y'all.

This just started, and I don't know what the problem is--hopefully one of you does.

Whenever I try to do just about anything in Outlook, either with mail or the calendar, I get an error box that says, "Could not install the custom actions".  Once I click the "OK" button, the process that was interrupted by the error message, e.g., maximizing a message from the preview pane, adding a calendar item, etc., resumes as if nothing had gone wrong.

I've never instructed (or tried to instruct) Outlook to install any custom actions, so I'm really confused here.  And I haven't done anything unusual with the laptop lately, save to have the cable internet tech hook me up to my new internet provider three days ago.  Oh, I also ran a registry cleaner (RegSupreme) a few days ago, too.  Could either of these have messed up my Outlook?

I'd appreciate any help that y'all could offer, even if the solution ultimately consists of either restoring my registry to a point prior to these strange occurrences or, the universe forbid, backing up all of my Outlook stuff and then uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Thanks!

--yitzad

P.S.--In case this information helps, I'm working on a Dell Inspiron 1420, with Windows Vista.

piaaz

Rookie

Read the last thread on the following URL:

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=618096

It's talking about "frmcache.dat" ....to stay on the safe side, don't delete the file...just rename it to .old or what ever just in case so you could rename it back if this will not fix your issue.

Cheers

yitzad

Topic Starter

Thank you so, so much, piaaz! 

The funniest thing happened in between my posting and your response.  I rebooted the computer, and now I'm not having that issue.  At the moment, anyway.  Maybe this was just a temporary buggy thing, but you know what?  In case it wasn't a temporary bug, I'll be keeping your advice (and any other advice I get on this issue) very close by!

Again, thank you!