Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VIsual Basic  (Read 3242 times)

qwert_y

VIsual Basic
« on: February 16, 2005, 12:59:19 PM »
Hi,

I have 2 os  win xp home & win 98.  I want to Install Visual basic 6 .  It went fine on win 98.  But  on win xp  i am getting some error in the beginning of setup . that is l

16 biit windows subsystem
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt . the system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos & Microsoft window applications.  Choose "close" or " Ignore".

If I ignore this then I get the alert like
"Couldn't find  acme setup".

Is it not possible to install VB6 on xp home edition ?
Can anybody help to correct those errors  please ?

gussery

Re: VIsual Basic
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 05:58:46 PM »
It really has nothing to do with VB6.  VB6 should install and run just fine for you on XP.

I have seen the error you are getting on no less than 6 machines in the past 2 weeks.  I am not sure yet where it is coming from but I would bet on some sort of malicious attack

To fix it follow the instructions here.....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

Gary

youwei

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 03:20:07 AM »
my program has a build error that states the namespace or type 'VisualBasic' in the project-level Imports OpenNetCF.VisualBasic cannot be found.

i have already installed OpenNetCF (SmartDevice Framework v1.3) and have added all the neccessary components in the OpenNetCF.

pls help me rectify ths problem..

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 05:12:51 AM »
Please don't add on to someone else thread (especially an old one). It's called hijacking and leads to nothing but confusion. It's better to start your own thread.

OpenNetCF requires Visual Studio 2003. Is this what you have? Apparently this is a known issue with the VB DLL.

Check out:

http://www.opennetcf.org/forums/post.asp?method=TopicQuote&TOPIC_ID=4786&FORUM_ID=52

Good luck. 8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein