Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: the battle of the the OS is over and Vista won  (Read 2819 times)

savvage

the battle of the the OS is over and Vista won
« on: June 20, 2008, 05:26:51 PM »
I WILL TAKE REPLACE XP WITH VISTA WHEN THEY PRY MY COLD DEAD FINGEWRS OFF MY KEYBOARD!!!! >:( sound familar???
well Im not dead and I just got done installing vista-64 bit bussiness, after I up graded to dual core with 2 8800gt w/ 512mb of gpu ram and 4 gigs of xms extreme 800 ddr2 and was very dissapointed in the preformance jump so after doing some reading up and finding how widows XP doesnt support more ram over 2 gis and that vista 64 was built with high preformance gaming in mind I dug even deeper and found that computers with specs very close to mine were getting better scores only diffrence being vista 64 bit it has been almost 2 yrs since the release and i decided it is time to step up if I want preformance. so my next question I know there is a place where I can go that will add a link to the registrey that will allow me to right click a file  and give me the option to send or copy just like XP does, and I also hhave had issues adding flash plug ins is there also a link for that? my networking teacher in school( well college Im 47) has moved on and I have nologer have a mentor so guys you have alwats been great in the past can you help me here also

thx Savvage  aka deokat

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: the battle of the the OS is over and Vista won
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »
I tried to guide a friend through changing his video resolution. He didn't know he had vista, and neither did I. the general conversation was "I have no tabs! what the *censored* are you talking about?" and I was just going what the heck? then I realized, Vista makes everything easier by requiring ten times as many mouse clicks to do anything.

In retrospect I highly doubt many options were changed from defaults... XP is annoying without reconfiguring almost everything.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: the battle of the the OS is over and Vista won
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "