Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard drive issues?  (Read 1680 times)

ThanksForHelp

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hard drive issues?
    « on: June 23, 2008, 06:18:45 PM »
    I've had a lot of pc problems lately and this forum has been a huge help, so I'm back with another question.
    Lately I purchased a Asus m3a motherboard and an amd phenom 9850 black edition for my computer.  I got everything hooked up and downlaoded the drivers that came with the motherboard.  After that I installed the drivers for the 8800gt and directx10.  I went to restart my computer after the updates but windows vista would not boot.  I get to the screen where it says windows vista with the little greeen loading bar.  It loads normally for a few seconds then it slows down to where I can actually see the moving bars pop up pixel by pixel.  I left it for over 30 minutes and windows has still not booted.  I unhooked the power and moved the hard drive cable to another of the 4 slots and started it up.  This time it worked perfectly on start up but when I tried to restart I got the same issue again with the slow loading.  So anytime I try to restart my computer the loading freezes and the only way I can get windows to load that I know of is to unhook the power and move the hard drive cable to another random slot.  Each time I do this it starts up correctly once but never again until I change to another slot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This may be a little off topic but can anybody point me in the right direction to find the realtek 6.0 sound drivers?  My son kept getting an error from Call of Duty 4 which google tells him is a problem caused by a sound malfunction.  The help we found on that subject suggested the realtek 6.0 drivers but I can't seem to find them.
    Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows Vista.