Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing resolution as part of IE 7 installation  (Read 1931 times)

LingoQ

Topic Starter

Starter

Changing resolution as part of IE 7 installation
    « on: June 23, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
    Hi:

I installed Internet Explorer 7.0 today.  At one point during the installation process, the software prompted me to choose between a few different varieties of the same font - the differences (I think) were mostly in terms of the contrast, resolution, perhaps the spacing of the letters.  The new setting I chose (very quickly without too much consideration, alas) has basically taken over all of my Microsoft applications - for example, if I print out a Word document now, the print is much darker and thus uses much more ink, than the old setting.  But even worse, the new screen resolution really bothers my eyes and gives me a headache!  I'd like to go back to the default settings but haven't been able to figure out how to do that.  I reinstalled IE 7, hoping it would take me thru the same choices, but the second time around, I wasn't asked to choose the resolution.  Can anyone help?  Thanks much.

LingoQ

LingoQ

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Changing resolution as part of IE 7 installation
      « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »
      PS I'm using Windows XP Professional. 
      PPS I also tried to revert to IE 6, and something about the IE 7 software wouldn't let me.  At this point, I'd be happy to go back to IE 6.  Perhaps that's what I should do., but is there a way?

Thanks.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Changing resolution as part of IE 7 installation
      « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »
      Right click on an empty part of your desktop and choose properties at the bottom. This should take you to display properties. Click the settings tab near the top. You can change your screen resolution here.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/