Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cod4 start-up issue  (Read 5476 times)

ThanksForHelp

Topic Starter

Rookie

Cod4 start-up issue
    « on: June 23, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
    Hey I just got a new computer and when I went to start up call of duty 4 it starts loading and then says it have encountered an error and must close.  I tried to download the newest drivers for my 8800gt and directx10 but it's still not working.
    I have:
    500gb seagate hard drive
    amd phenom black edition 2.5ghz quad core
    8800gt
    2gb ram
    600w psu
    If you need any more information tell me.
    I changed motherboards and processors today and have been getting some problems even after downloading the drivers for everything.  Alot of times the load for windows goes really slow and won't load at all.  The only way to fix it is to take the power cord from the psu then plug it back in.  Maybe I'm missing something and that's what's causing these problems.  Any help is good help, thanks in advance.
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:49:49 PM by ThanksForHelp »
    Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows Vista.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Cod4 start-up issue
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:01 PM »
    Can you provide the exact model numbers of all of your hardware (including full details of memory type and speed), the exact make and model of the video card, everything?

Sounds like something isn't working right (my guess would be the memory at this point, but wanna get more details on all of your hardware first).

ThanksForHelp

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Cod4 start-up issue
      « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
      Hey I fixed the cod4 problem
      This solution works for anybody having the problem who is using a motherboard with realtek sound
      All you have to do is click the orange speaker and disable to front panel jack by clicking on the little yellow folder.  The problem is caused by cod4 not detecting any sound devices.
      Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows Vista.