Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer memory  (Read 3575 times)

Jaima G

Computer memory
« on: February 17, 2005, 12:40:42 PM »
How do I know the type of memory I have on my computer? Is there any other way of knowing this without having to open the case?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer memory
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 12:45:44 PM »
Actually, there is... Try this site here.... All you have to do is answer three easy questions... http://www.pny.com/configurator/ ... Once you have answered these questions, you will see your system specs., the way the the manufacturer made it... Let us know if you have any further questions...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Jaima

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 12:49:35 PM »
I don't know the manufacturer's name. I tried going to device manager but that didn't help.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 12:53:55 PM »
ok.... First, which operating system are you using? If you see a My Computer icon on your desktop, then right-click on it, and click on properties.... This should list your computer manufacturer's name... If not, then I know another way...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Jaima

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 12:59:54 PM »
No. Thanks. Remember that most computers are generic. My computer has parts from different manufacturers. I guess I'm going to have to open the case which is what I didn't want to do. Thank you...

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 01:02:44 PM »
Well, if you have never touched your RAM, then it shoudl be accurate... If you still want to open the case, then I'm not going to stop you, but just make sure that you ground the electricity from your body BEFORE touching ANY system components... You can do this by touching the inner metal frame of your computer... (Not grounding electricity is a common mistake)  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Jaima

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:07:02 PM »
Thank you......................!!!!! :)

Computer_Commando

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 01:08:45 PM »
Don't have to open case.  Use this:  http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Jaima

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 01:17:20 PM »
You know what? I go it ! I looked every where I could and found the computer manual that came with the computer. Thank you  8)