Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: plzz help me!!!!  (Read 4659 times)

armageddon

Topic Starter

plzz help me!!!!
    « on: June 22, 2008, 10:27:50 PM »
    well, i am a newbie.......i wanted to install linux fedora in my computer...i was told to download an ISO... and to burn the DVD .....now i am not acquainted with linux and unix that much and am new to this forum.......i tried to install ubuntu but it had some errors after the showing the language selection option window.....am in dilemma plzz help me.....

and lastly thanx a lot to all of you if you at least got through my this post....

can i get some online links to download and install unix plzzz...help am not able to find it out in the web.....

:)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: plzz help me!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
    Im not sure what actually is your question.

How did you try to install it?

And also can you please give us your computer make/model/OS etc.

traisen

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »
      OK download the .iso
      When you burn it - be sure you burn it as an image so it is bootable.
      (search in google: burning iso  or something similiar  or help in your CD burning program.)

Boot your computer from the CD or DVD 

(If it doesn't boot from the CD then either you have to change your BIOS settings to let you boot from a CD before your harddrive (HDD) or you didnt burn the CD as an image.)

Then Linux will guide you through it.  Be careful it doesnt wipe out your hard drive unless you want it to.
      Fedora looks for a partition formatted for Linux (ext2 or ext3) and then you canchose Fedora or other afterwards..
      (I installed Fedora yesterday.)

Ubuntu (installed that on Fr) took the largest unused partion space and used that.

KenJackson

Beginner
        • Yes
        • Jackson I/O
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »
      ...i tried to install ubuntu but it had some errors after the showing the language selection option window...

That phrase some errors covers a lot of territory. 

It could be an error reading CD, because the CD has physical errors.  It could be error understanding what language you selected.  It could be a messed up CD distribution file (but probably not--lots and lots of people install Ubuntu, so the ISO's are likely pretty good).  It could be many things.

What did the error message say?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 02:50:17 AM »
      Ken, this thread is nearly 3 weeks old and he hasnt replied. Must have got it sorted.

A little "Thanks for your help" would be nice wouldnt it?  ;)