Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: okay this could be intelligent question is a recorder different than a burner  (Read 2252 times)

RUBY02

Topic Starter

Rookie

by the way this is xp2

i maybe able to answer the question i know the burner makes an ISO. for some reason i could not get mine to burn an ISO.   i thought because it was already in ISO format from another program. so i tried downloading another linux  to get mine to burn. when my memory has been low my burner would only burns in ISO format.  (my burner is not even doing that. 
    so i started over erasing  i guess there still wasn't enough memory
    for i downloaded linux to my memory stick i got the program somehow to install but i don't think it is complete
    i did a disk check and no "office program " the kernal is there and his "genernal" some generic boot
    usually when you have an ISO image on a disk it shows a colorful disk half way out a folder...... this icon seems to indicate whatever.
    the ISO that the linux program is formatted in is by "alex ferman"? the icon is not a pretty little disk either i believe most if not all the linux program with the Iso burner is on my memory stickruby
    do i erase the disk and start over? or am i missing something about getting it started. thanks can you give a site to get the program from

Hedonist

Intermediate

i maybe able to answer the question i know the burner makes an ISO.

so i tried downloading another linux

i guess there still wasn't enough memory
      for i downloaded linux to my memory stick i got the program somehow to install but i don't think it is complete

this icon seems to indicate whatever.
      the ISO that the linux program is formatted in is by "alex ferman"

thanks can you give a site to get the program from thanks can you give a site to get the program from

Sorry, your post makes so little sense.  Tell us what you are trying to achieve.  Give specs of your pc including exactly what operating system you are running and which burner you are trying to use such as Roxio, Nero etc. You start off with
      by the way this is xp2
      then move onto Linux which is an operating system in its own right.  Are you dual booting XP/Linux?

Right now I don't think you know which way is up.

RUBY02

Topic Starter

Rookie

i am sorry i thought you were with me
        i have xp2
        i downloaded LINUX i believe a live ISO CD
        i have a nero burner
        i downloaded an alex freman

there is a shortcut on my desktop but the ICON DOES NOT LOOK HEALTHY

i am comming the conclusion that they are trying to find each other
        the nero is on c drive
        the linux is on h drive (mem stick)

to tell you i could not if you explain what dual booting is i have an idea but in this case the reason i don't know is the reason for the question. i am sorry maybe i was communicating somewhere else but my problem is
        i am trying to download LINUX onto my computer. i couldn't get my burner(nero) to burn a cd or record ISO (file)or whatever.  so i downloaded one from the internet the alex ferman or whatever. i suspected since i couldn't get either one to work because the icon did not make a beautiful disk i erased the programs the recorders, the bit torrents(i tried everyway to download LINUX) AND STARTED OVER. SOMEHOW AFTER I RELOADED LINUX UBUNTU 8.0 TTHE NEXT TIME ONTO A 4.GIG MEM STICK WITH THE ALEX FREMAN ISO BURNER. somehow in the process of something it started downloading it made a kernel and a boot whatever when i boot up i do get a choice.  (i am not sure from which burner (nero, alex) the alex program does not seem to work and the nero program fakes it.  i did finally get nero to leave a pretty disk icon.  i rebooted.   if i choose LINUX it takes it's self through a million check this and that then i politely asks me for my pass and id or whatever. right now my brain is fried if you read my 50 posts it's not even a joke. i have tried to venture into so many programming languages.  i get them downloaded then don't know how to get them started.  i am having problems mostly with programming commands and using the prompt.  i have improved in the last week.  i can get a few to jump for me.  anyway back to the question, i can see what is on the disk. i just either don't know how to get to LINUX, or it could be a live cd that only the kernel is there now what do i do.
        thanks ruby

i hope i cleared things up now i just need to know how i can tell the program is working and what is next
        it is on the cd if i run the e drive files are on it may not be them all but i can't not or don't know how to get the program to run