Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help - Virus - i open internet, virus scan, restore computer shuts down  (Read 4914 times)

blasterrider

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

hello all, and please help me!
    i brought a new acer laptop a little over a week ago, and i have already mangaged to put a virus on it.
    i have managed to remove the virus i think... after reading over forums i installed malware antivirus, alongside my norton. i started windows in safe mode and ran a scan, then deleted 'trojan tracker'. however when i started the laptop in normal mode i got the same problem, internet will not connect (wireless) and when i click on anything that uses the internet; msn or update for software the computer shows and blue screen with black writting which says 'windows has shut down for your safety...... dumping phyisical memory'
    if i run a virus scan in normal mode when it hits on the file it comes up with the  blue screen.
    i deleted all the files that i have downloaded using torrent, limewire etc, but still no look. please help!  :'(
    oh, and it will not system restore, it goes through the whole process and when it turns back on it says unable to restore to point. whats wrong? have i deleted the file but changed settings, not allowing it on internet programs?? operating system is vista
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:40:09 PM by blasterrider »

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Since it's new laptop, I assume, you don't have much personal data on it, yet. Use Recovery DVD to restore it to day one condition.

blasterrider

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

it didn't come with any reformat cd, i made a restore point onto some cd's but when i got into the bios and try and format from the disks it doesn't work, any ideas on how to reformat harddrive etc..?
      thanks

blasterrider

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

its come up with the error code;
        stop 0x0000008c (0xc0000005, 0x00000000, 0x8a08ca48, 0x00000000)
        can some please help!
        thanls

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        i got into the bios and try and format from the disks
        What disks?
        how to reformat harddrive etc..?
        Every Vista computer comes with either Recovery DVDs (sometimes you receive instructions how to make them by yourself), or Recovery partition.
        Some manufacturers will send you set of Recovery DVDs for free.
        You need to contact Acer, since your laptop is under warranty. Monkeying with it may void warranty.

blasterrider

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

thanks, i made the cd's when i brought the laptop, using system restore and saving everything to disk, it took 7 of them. my problem is that it will not boot from the disk, dont no why?
          thanks

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          OK, we have some terminology issues here.
          What do you mean by: "when i got into the bios and try and format"?
          Why would you go to BIOS to format anything?
          You may want to make sure in BIOS, that in boot order CD/DVD drive is listed first, and then you restart computer with Recovery DVD in, and it should boot to Recovery DVD.

blasterrider

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

yeah broni, i changed the order, and put cd first and hdd 2nd, then  restarted and it wouldn't boot from the disks i made in system restore, are the disks right? thanks for the info

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            I assume, you put DVD in before you started computer, right?
            If so, when your computer starts, you should briefly see at the top of black screen this message:
            Press any key to boot from CD
            You must press any key at that very moment.