Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound card problem?, or not?  (Read 3481 times)

Victor Belski

sound card problem?, or not?
« on: February 11, 2005, 09:41:30 AM »
ok, i have an old sound card, i dont mean old like too much old, its about 4 years old, i have been using it with my speakers, and it never had any problems, i used headphones on my speakers instead of connecting it directly to the sound card.

now i bought headphones with a mic, i have to cennet the headphones with the mic directly to the sound card, "BUT !!!".

when i cennect the headphones i can berely hear anything, i tryed conneting them with the speakers and it works so the problem is somewhere in the card.

now i have no idea what to do, i tryed some driverds it didnt help, so im asking maybe there is a program or smething that can enhance the volume? PLZ !! HELP  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: sound card problem?, or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:05:52 PM »
Well, ordinarily there is a sound controller connected to the microphone/headphone wiring... Or, you can try adjusting your computer volume a little...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

vic

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 05:42:18 AM »
i know about the sound contorler on the headphones, and i know about the audia output control in the windows, point is that it is not enough, i put the audia output controler on high all the time, and when i use the headphones directly it doesnt help.

i heard about a program that can enhance visual britness more then the windows ordinaryly can, soim asking if there is a program tha can do that to the vokume?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:11:02 AM »
I don't mean to treat anyone like they are computer illiterate, but you DID plug your headphones into the headphone slot, and not the speaker slot, right? Also, are you leaving your soeakers plugged in while you are usig the headphones? Try unplugging the speakers, and see if that helps...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

vic

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 09:56:01 AM »
i did plug it in to the headphone olug and i unpluged my speakers from the begining ...

Wendy B

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 08:06:46 PM »
I had that problem - ended up tossing out the headphones and buying another set - which worked fine.  Never did figure it out!  The first set was a cheapo tho....  maybe you could borrow a different pair and try them???