Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nod 32 or Bitdefender?  (Read 4193 times)

Razor

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Nod 32 or Bitdefender?
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:01:42 AM »
Here is some interesting trivia: I have installed trial versions of Bitdefender and Nod32 on my systems. I only run one at a time.
When I disable Nod 32, Bitdefender will run perfectly and not jam up. When I exit out of bitdefender and use Nod 32 the entire system freezes. I know you are not supposed to run two AV's at the same time, but does this also mean not having two installed on my system at the same time?

What I'm trying to do is compare them side by side. Run Nod and see how it reacts to virus's then turn it off and run Bitdefender and see how it goes. Both have worked quite well although I noticed when I click on a virus Bitdefender will say it has blocked it, but will still come up with those 'Run or Save' options, while Nod will just stop it completely (Nods test was done before downloading Bitdefender trial). On the other hand Bitdefender found 2 infected items on its first quick scan (Netsonic adware, and something else) that Nod missed.(Again Nods Full scan was done before Bitdefender was downloaded)  Full Scan time for nod is 41 mins which is about 1/2 of Norton (Norton is completly off the system)*Yay* I have yet to do a full scan of with Bitdefender but will report back when I do. (In the next 24 hours)
A lesson with power: "I moved the red psu switch from 240v to 110v then it went poof!"

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
Re: Nod 32 or Bitdefender?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »
I know you are not supposed to run two AV's at the same time, but does this also mean not having two installed on my system at the same time?
Yes. Even disabled antivirus programs may still run some services, which may interfere with another antivirus.

Razor

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »
Ok I have taken Nod off my system, and everything goes. Seems a bit slow though but I'm not sure if this is because of me fiddling around or Bitdefender. I will do another antispyware/malware run then defrag and see what happens. Scan times are 48 mins for Nod, nothing discovered, and 1:05hr for Bitdefender, and its always finding stuff.
A lesson with power: "I moved the red psu switch from 240v to 110v then it went poof!"

methoxcy

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:18:10 PM »
    based on my experience comparing nod32 and bitdefender , bitdefender is the best your using trial version at this moment and yet, you can see it runs perfectly what if you're already using bitdefender(not trial version) . im using this almost 2 1/2 yrs and it runs perfectly.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »
    In my opinion, any antivirus program, as long, as it's not called Norton, or McAfee, is fine. I tried number of them, and I see no difference.
    Oh, don't get me started on any ratings "thingy". They're more, or less worthless.

Razor

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
    « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »
    Lol, yeah thats why I wanted to test the AV's myself. I found that bitdefender was slower than Nod 32 so I'll Nod to Nod  :) That sorts out this stage of my computers development.

Thanks everyone for your help!