Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Modums for dummies  (Read 2905 times)

Janice Chapek

Modums for dummies
« on: February 18, 2005, 06:43:04 PM »
Am trying to set up AOL on a friend's computer.   The message we are getting is "can't find a modum".  The laldy was told that there was an internal modum on the computer when it was given to her.    How do I tell whether she has an internal modum?      I thought I was pretty good with computers myself, but I have always bought a computer totally loaded up and all I had to do is plug it in.   I can't help her at all.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Modums for dummies
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:07:29 PM »
    Janice Chapek......Have look at the back of the tower......if it has a modem card in it ...there will be a phone jack on the back.....Even easier than that is if you have a wire running from the telephone jack on the wall to the the back of the computer ( and its plugged in ) THere is a modem. Probably you will have to create a new dialup account.........If your still having problems , I would phone AO *censored* and have them talk you through the setup.......( assuming they are the ISP)
    You should also check in the device manager and be sure the modem drivers are installed .

Dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 07:13:26 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.