Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless networking  (Read 2981 times)

Martin Hunter

Wireless networking
« on: February 19, 2005, 08:09:33 AM »
I need help with setting up my wireless network. At the moment the hosting computer doesnt have an ethernet port. so the modem is linked by usb. To get around this problem i bought a usb to ethernet connecter. i had the network running fine but when turning off the hosting computer the connection is lost. Can anyone help me? I'm thinkin i may just need a network card with an ethernet port because i think the problem is the connecter needs powering. Does anyone know this for certain or have any suggestions? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Wireless networking
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 08:39:36 AM »

Martin Hunter

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 12:07:27 PM »
hmmm i looked on that site but it didnt really help me lol!! o well thanks anyway 4 taking the time 2 look 4 me!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 12:40:30 PM »
Oh, wait a minute! You are using LAN, aren't you... You need to ALWAYS have your host computer on in that case... If you just setup your second computer so that it uses the router for internet, then there is no reason for this to happen...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 05:18:07 PM »