Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hardware Monitor Error HELP! It just looses power  (Read 3371 times)

WoodenCat

Hardware Monitor Error HELP! It just looses power
« on: February 19, 2005, 01:52:17 PM »
I've manage to finally stay on for a little more time than last time which was 2 minutes before. Every time I do something strenuous or not strenuous on the computer, the computer just shuts off completely, lost power, and I can't click the power button because it serious has no sense of power, however my older sister found to get it's power back that she keeps taking the plug attached to the monitor in and out, then it causes a surge to get it's power back. But it still resets and the process is threading, dangerous, and annoying. I found out that once the computer turns on it says THERE'S A HARDWARE MONITOR ERROR or something..... Does anyone know how I can solve this problem without resulting to go to the costly computer people?

Thank you for your time in advance

merlin_2

Re: Hardware Monitor Error HELP! It just looses po
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 04:37:37 PM »
maybe  the psu is failing?/ how old is this pc? what happens if you hold down the safe mode key?...more data needed on system...win?lynx?mac.What!

WoodenCat

Re: Hardware Monitor Error HELP! It just looses po
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 06:53:18 AM »
What's a PSU? It's about 2 years old. What's the safe mode key?

I have a Sony Vaio W series.

But I think I have a problem with the power supply, since it seems it be making a lot of weird noises sometimes and shuts down. Could it be? And do you know where I can get a power supply cable? Or do I need to take it to experts for that.

THank you so much for your time.