Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: games freeze periodically then run again  (Read 5067 times)

AoC

games freeze periodically then run again
« on: February 20, 2005, 02:38:44 PM »
heyho...
i have a pretty fast athlon xp with geforce fx 6800 gt (way over requirements for most games i play) but the whole computer freezes for like 3 seconds when i play World of warcraft and half life 2 and then runs normal till it once again freezes for a few seconds... what could that be?
thx for help
AoC

niceguy

Re: games freeze periodically then run again
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 03:03:15 PM »
Hi AoC,
I am having the same problems but with Dark Ages of Camelot. I hope you figure it out if so please share info.
I bet your sound skips right before it freezes ? good luck and If I figure out whats up with mine I will post as soon as possible . :)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 05:47:15 PM »
How about RAM?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

NaturalBornCamper

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 04:30:35 PM »
Did you tried running your games with the lowest quality possible, just to know it it still does that?

Also, try looking in "power management" in the "control panel" to see if your hard drives shut down after some time of inactivity, I already had that kind of problem and taht solved it.

Are you running top quality with Half-Life 2? because I know that Half-Life works best with ATI than nVidia.

you can also try closing ALL system tray applications in Windows before running the game.

And when you have these slowdowns, does your HDD led lights up during the 3 seconds of hanging?

AoC

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 06:01:56 PM »
hey...
no i tried running world of warcraft with low but it still does it... it displays it just fine when it is actually displaying... hehe... cause after I start a high quality game i got like 30 secs and then the first "freeze" occurs... then faster about every 5 to ten seconds.... the graphics card is fine... could it be the ram? cause playing monkey island 1 and 2 is just fine... so is surfing the web or other low performance tasks...
Marius