Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting external speakers to computer  (Read 4652 times)

reezie3

Topic Starter

Connecting external speakers to computer
    « on: July 14, 2008, 08:28:37 PM »
    I am trying to connect two external speakers to my computer along with the internal ones.  I want to put one in the garage and one in another room so that I can hear an alarm connected to my stock trading account.  I bought two Altec Lansing speakers and am having trouble connecting them.  Can I use a splitter?  What is the easiest way to make all four speakers work?  Thanks.

Annon

Re: Connecting external speakers to computer
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:20:03 AM »
    Well i Imagen your internal speakers are on your monitor (green tipped wire), so without an audio head unit; i am quite sure your only option is to use a splitter.

edzanz

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
      Works well enough with a splitter but you may have to turn the sound up a notch. Also, if in you garage, just shut off the ones at the PC. A better alternative is run the wire to a receiver or a inexpensive radio and then the outlet from it to the speakers for better sound and power. The best of course is to go wireless. I took the wire to a receiver route, just fine. Good luck.

reezie3

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:19:05 PM »
        Thanks for your instant help.  The splitter worked fine...just need to hear an alarm, so the quality of the sound is not that important.