Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i have computer problems  (Read 4577 times)

astahl530

i have computer problems
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:32:31 AM »
I have a compaq presario 6000, it runs off of windows XP. Yesterday I installed windows service pack3. I have no idea who used this computer after that but i turned it on today and it went through disk check and then when it was finished I booted it up and it came up with the icons and stuff but also it came up with the c-setup black box and then it closed by itself. Im really concerned so I ran hijack this and malwarebytes. I also ran super anti spyware but it didnt give me a log. So here is the log for hijack this.

[recovering disk space -- attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: i have computer problems
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:34:38 AM »
Post Malwarebytes log, please.
HJT log has to be from after running Malwarebytes.

astahl530

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:01:58 PM »
okay here is the malwarebytes log and the new hijack this log

[recovering disk space -- attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:14:23 PM »
I see only very minor issues...

*** You need to update Java:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7
Uninstall all previous versions of Java through Add\Remove.

*** Go Start>Control Panel>Add\Remove, and uninstall:
- AskSBar

*** Download, and run  CTFMON-Remover: http://www.gerhard-schlager.at/en/projects/ctfmonremover/
The CTFMON-Remover helps you removing the annoying CTFMON.EXE from your Windows operating system. The program is easy to use and displays whether the CTFMON.EXE is installed and running or not. If it was found then you can remove it within seconds. Just in case that you need the CTFMON sometime in the future there is also an option to restore the original one.
Note:The CTFMON.EXE is among other things responsible for changing the language schema of your keyboard (e.g. for switching between the German and English keyboard layout). So in case you are using this feature you shouldn't remove or disable the CTFMON.EXE!

1. Print this post out, since you won't have an access to it, at some point.

2. Close all windows, except for HijackThis.

3. Put a checkmark next to the following HijackThis entries (some entries will be checkmarked to disable unnecessary startups; in those cases [marked with *], no actual program will be removed):

- R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {0579B4B6-0293-4d73-B02D-5EBB0BA0F0A2} - C:\Program Files\AskSBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A2SRCHAS.DLL
- O2 - BHO: Ask Search Assistant BHO - {0579B4B1-0293-4d73-B02D-5EBB0BA0F0A2} - C:\Program Files\AskSBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A2SRCHAS.DLL
- O2 - BHO: Ask Toolbar BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\ASKSBAR.DLL
- O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\ASKSBAR.DLL
- *O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
- *O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wcmdmgr] C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgrl.exe -launch
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
- *O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
- *O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
- *O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
- *O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
- *O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

4. Click on Fix checked button.

5. Restart computer in Safe Mode (keep tapping F8 key, when your computer starts, until menu appears)

6. Open Windows Explorer. Go Tools>Folder Options>View tab, put a checkmark next to Show hidden files, and folders.

7. Delete following files/folders (if present):

- AskSBar folder from C:\Program Files
- ALCXMNTR.EXE file from C:\Windows

8. Restart in Normal Mode.

9. Post new HijackThis log.