Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I really need some help.  (Read 1907 times)

surge

Topic Starter

I really need some help.
    « on: July 16, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »
    Well the computer started being a bit slow, its a Gateway MX6448, and it's about 1 1/2 years old, it has a large amount of useless programs I've downloaded, so I decided, i'm just going to reformat it, nothing on there that I really would be unable to regain, I did that with the OS disc that came with the computer, I had it reformat the hardrive, and reinstall the OS, after a couple of days the computer started blue screen crashing a lot, and I decided, well, reformatting is the solution to all problems, so I tried to reformat again, only this time after reformatting the harddrive, the computer blue screened while reinstalling the OS, giving me the error " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " , and it does this everytime I try to reinstall the OS...

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: I really need some help.
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »
    At what point in the installation do you get this error?

Do you know if the disks that came with the computer include drivers for the motherboard and / or chipset?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

surge

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »
      After the hard drive is formatted and reinstallation of the OS is taking place at various times,. sometimes 1%,5&,even 60% completion, the error will come about, but it always does.

And im not sure if the CD contains the drivers.

Crafty

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
      I would do a memory test - Link > http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

I would also test your harddrive using diagnostic tools - These tools are normally found at the hard drive manufacturer's web site.

You could also try reseating your ram.