Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pandora Recovery  (Read 7531 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Pandora Recovery
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
Another file recovery tool:
http://www.download.com/Pandora-Recovery/3...tml?tag=nl.e415

The name Pandora originates in Greek mythology, and it means "all-giving." It's an appropriate name for Pandora Recovery, which can give you back files you've deleted--even those removed months ago.

Pandora functions on NTFS-formatted volumes by scanning the hard drive and building an index of existing files and deleted file markers. This, in turn, allows the dead files to be brought back to life--as long as the file format is currently supported by the computer. Users can browse for deleted files, search for specific ones, preview certain file types like images, and get an estimate on the chance of recovery and the amount of time the procedure will take.

The program offers a guidance wizard to make sure that you're able to find deleted files. Pandora cautions you to recover deleted files to a separate drive from the one which they're being recovered from--sound advice, and the program makes it easy to recover to an external hard disk or portable drive. The interface isn't anything special, but combines Windows XP Explorer-style navigation with its own toolbar for an effective if uninspired layout.

I actually installed in on my computer to see how well it does.
It shows estimated completion time on my 500GB hard drive at 3 1/2 hours. It's been running for about 10 minutes, so far, but reviews are pretty positive, so I wanted to see myself

Kryptonite

Intermediate

• It's not hard to tell where MY head is at
    Re: Pandora Recovery
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:03:50 AM »
    What about setting back the time ala "GoBack"?

i've seen that bring back things from the dead. However in this case i think you would need to know as closely as possible when the mistake took place.

This is not a recommendation; it just worked for me one time on a win98 computer.
    The best sayings that sum me up in a nut shell depends on the obvious which more often than not is obscured by the talk of the day which sounds a lot like  gnat-thing.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
    Grabbed it thanx ! !
    I have a smaller (80G ) drive that had issues so i'll run a test on it later.

You keep sending me so much stuff i can't get anything done...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »
    6 months later?? ;D

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »
    What about setting back the time ala "GoBack"?

i've seen that bring back things from the dead. However in this case i think you would need to know as closely as possible when the mistake took place.

This is not a recommendation; it just worked for me one time on a win98 computer.

Don't quote me on this but i do remember this method working once in awhile on Win95/98 machines...
    However i don't think it would be as successful on the NTFS file system.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:29 AM »
    6 months later?? ;D

Perhaps because I keep linking to this great software. ;)