Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Just BASIC  (Read 5786 times)

macdad-

Topic Starter

Expert

Just BASIC
    « on: July 10, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
    Hello everyone, if you are a beginning programmer who wants to learn basic then you should try Just BASIC here
    This editor and complier let you build your own programs, Just BASIC supports RS-232 communication, bmp animation and bmp graphics, textboxes, texteditors, file menus, buttons, joystick, keyboard, and mouse support, and much more, and its easy for beginning programmers to learn basic. I have made many programs using just basic and it has helped me learn how to code in VB, and no this isnt an advertisment, but it is a recommendation for beginning programmers
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

macdad-

Topic Starter

Expert

Re: Just BASIC
      « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:49:41 AM »
      Seriously you guys should try this.  ;)

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
        • ACB Systems
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
      Thx for the link - I am downloading that and hope to play with it.

Despite being a pretty old fella I went back to university in 1992 (age 47!!!) - and used Basic for some of my engineering presentations.  For certain mechanics oriented stuff it did a good job even tho running in DOS - and just maybe I can remember some of it!  Even before that it was something fun to play with far back as I remember.

I do remember too that making good use of ''go subs'' enabled me to do some light coding for some quite complex recursive routines - particularly with graphics.
      Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:43:10 AM »
      Despite being a pretty old fella I went back to university in 1992 (age 47!!!)

Wow! Someobody older than me. I turned 40 in 1992.

macdad-

Topic Starter

Expert

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
        Your welcome Chris.

Its amazing what you can do with Just BASIC. I mean, one of the apps i made with this is called HRS(Human.Response.System) which is a simple AI program. were you type words or commands in the textbox, press enter, then HRS processes it and outputs it as words in the other textbox, sounds, or start certain apps.