Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sygate blocking NT Kernel  (Read 3961 times)

green tea

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Sygate blocking NT Kernel
    « on: July 18, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »
    Hi guys, I have a question that I know you guys can help out with.

Recently I started using Sygate firewall instead of the regular Windows firewall. Everything's been running smoothly. But today, I noticed that Sygate's little message window keeps popping up every 5 minutes showing this message

"An application named NT Kernel & System has been blocked from accessing the network, etc".

Now can someone tell me what the heck is NT Kernel & System. Do I need to allow this access or is it good that Sygate blocked it?

How do I stop Sygate from showing this message again. The notification sound/message box is a bit annoying.

green tea

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Sygate blocking NT Kernel
      « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:38 PM »
      I have another Sygate related question so I'll put it here as well.

Just got this message
      "NDIS User Mode I/O Driver (ndisuio.sys) is being contacted from a remote machine (I forgot to exact ip address) using local port, etc.

What is this and why is it trying to get contact ??? I clicked don't allow access..

green tea

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:16:23 PM »
        Can someone please help?

Sygate still notifies me constantly about having blocked NT Kernel, NDIS user mode I/O driver, and Generic host services.. I'm not sure what these are. When I go into Sygate, and right click these three, it shows the "ask" status.. so I guess that's why Sygate keeps notifying me that it's blocking them.

Should I just change the status to "block" for these three. Why are they trying to access the network, whatever that means.

I'm liking Sygate as the firewall, seems its a lot safer now but I don't want to keep seeing the notifications. I already selected "don't show window again" but the windows keep appearing every now and then.

PeaCounterXT

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
        Hi, got just the same problem some days ago, here's something that helped me
        -- I copied it from 'http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/173886.htm'
        (hope that they don't mind  ;D)

Go to Administrative Tools/Services and find the Wireless Zero
        Configuration and disable it. You can look at the Dependencies and see that
        it's using NDIS.

With date of 31. January 2008 Duane Arnold gave a lot more of pretty sophisticated hints so it might be useful for you to have a look there.

PS: As I got a German XP the most difficult task was to find what "Wireless Zero Configuration" is in German  ...   :)
        Good luck !