Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing Mac 10.4 on a windows machine  (Read 2960 times)

tryn2hrd

Installing Mac 10.4 on a windows machine
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
 i want to get completely away from windows i want to install Mac 10.4 leopard on my windows based machine. Now the question is this possible or do i have to have a Apple machine?

JXY

Hopeful
    Re: Installing Mac 10.4 on a windows machine
    « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »
    Welcome to CH forums.

First of all, yes that is possible. although the process is slightly complicated. ok, very complicated.

as CH forum members do not encourage pirated software, i'm assuming you've purchased a leopard license.

having done that, i'll also be assuming you have one drive and no partitions.

windows boot partition is formatted as NTFS (normally), you need to format your partition as Mac OS Extended or HFS plus.

you can do that via the leopard dvd, or through windows. (windows if you plan on dual booting).

insert leopard dvd, enter "-v" without the speech marks.

wait for setup to load, do not install mac, cuz you can't yet.

select from the menu at the top, i think it was tools or something, disk utility or something, and through that you should be able to format your drive to HFS.

once that's done, you can install.

for further details, you can try googling it. However, most of the results refer to a hacked version of leopard.

P.S - i hope your processor supports sse3 at least, otherwise no rosetta or itunes etc for you.  :-\

Good luck!
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Installing Mac 10.4 on a windows machine
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
    It'd be much easier to install Leopard on virtual partition, using Virtual Machine.
    Easy to set up, easy to delete, if something goes wrong.