Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card bad?? I know its not monitor! what to d  (Read 3076 times)

technoeyes

Video Card bad?? I know its not monitor! what to d
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:40:40 AM »
HELP!! Could I need a new video card?????  I usually leave my desktop on. I had been having some random problems with the screen of my monitor flickering and some color issues. I have always assumed the monitor was about to die on me. Well I went to my computer and it said I lost power and wanted to run in SAFE mode. I said no…well then it shut down and when I turned it back on I could not get any picture on the monitor it was completely black. The light for the monitor would normally be green when on….this time it was orange and showing absolutely no picture. I took another monitor and connected it to my computer….same orange light. This monitor would normally read “NO SIGNAL” if the monitor was on and the CPU was not on. I get nada on the monitor not even a chance for safe mode or bios! Well should I try to buy a new video card to see if this will solve the problem? Thank you!  ???

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Video Card bad?? I know its not monitor! what
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 12:48:22 PM »
Have a check on your hink sinks.... One might have gone bad... Also, ame sure that your cideo card is not loose...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Video Card bad?? I know its not monitor! what
    « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 02:26:21 PM »
    Check your CPU fan. Is it working properly? If not then replace it with new one or repair it. If yes then take out your RAM sticks. Clean them and also clean your computer's RAM slots. Then put them back in ur computer as they was carefully. If this work then fine. If not then take out your VGA card and clean it and then place it back in different slot. If this work then fine otherwise, I think you have to test this card on some different computer to make sure that this problem is due to VGA card and then buy a new one.

Take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye..:)
    Dur-E-Wahab
    do take care of you and others