Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: uninstalling NAV  (Read 2455 times)

pursuant

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
    uninstalling NAV
    « on: July 22, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »
    Trying to uninstall Norton anti virus and I have run into a problem, after several unsuccessful attempts it finally vanished from control panel list and it is no longer on my list of programs. But the icon in the task tray still come on when I boot up. When I tried to unload it, it gave me a message that I needed administrator privileges to do so.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: uninstalling NAV
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:23:05 AM »
    Exactly how did you try to remove it?

Did you look here?
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,34939.0.html

smoovjazz

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »
      Go to Snapfiles.com and download Revo Uninstaller. This website is protected
      by webAttack and in my 10 years of computing,downloading, and testing soft-
      ware, this is my preferred program, bar none. It tracks a program application
      from start to finish, then, when or if you need to uninstall any program, it knows
      exactly where all the files are associated with each program and it checks for any-
      thing (scrapes so to speak) left behind and if you do a search for the program,
      you'll be amazed at how thorough it performs the job. When asked to restart
      your computer during an uninstall, say no, because sometimes the program it-
      self tries to unstall at the same time, even calling home to it's website. You know,
      websites that want to conduct a survey of why you're uninstalling their product.
      So, case and point, install Revo prior to installing additional programs. I think
      you'll be inpressed. Try it with NAV, although NAV is stubborn, like a virus.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »
      Go to Snapfiles.com and download Revo Uninstaller.
      Disregard the above.
      Use Carbon's advice.