Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help me regarding Font usage, pls  (Read 2117 times)

Qutabshahi

Topic Starter

Help me regarding Font usage, pls
    « on: July 31, 2008, 03:20:36 AM »
    Hello,

I want to know that how can I use any other-than English language font. For example, I have alright installed a regional language font, in the font section, located at control pannel. But I am not aware, how to use it while writing; say on the search engine or in the email compostion.

Kindly help me.

Thanks for the helper.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Help me regarding Font usage, pls
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
    You can't enable a language by merely installing a font.  You need to install the language.  What version of Windows are you using?

Qutabshahi

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
      Windows XP. So, its mean I need a complete software for it. But then again, if I buy one would I be able to write that language straight in the email(Gmail, Yahoo) and how. The one who recieves the mail will see the mail as it is with out installing or doing any thing?

Thanks.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »
      So, its mean I need a complete software for it.
      No, no, that's not it, you go to Windows Control Panel and install one of the languages Microsoft has already made available.  Here's a guide to Installing East Asian Language Support Under Windows XP .  If you want to install some other language, other than an East Asian Language, the procedure is similar.  Of course, not all languages in the world are available.

Using this method to install a language does not change Windows menus to that language but enables you to type in that language in word processing screens, email, etc., which is what I believe you want.  So, you would be able to type your email messages in the installed language.