Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: doc sent to printer bubble  (Read 2408 times)

hummingbird1955

Topic Starter

Starter

doc sent to printer bubble
    « on: July 24, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
    How can I get the system to stop putting the bubble on the screen saying such and such document sent to the printer with the date/time, etc.  It is annoying.  I know you can x out of it or let it go away on its own, but if I'm sending a lot to print, I would rather it just not be there on the screen--to me, the little printer icon is sufficient to let one know it's on its way to print.
    Windows XP, service pack 3, Office 2007.

Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: doc sent to printer bubble
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
    Advanced Printing Properties may have a check box for displaying this info. I'd dig in there if you havent already and see if there is a feature like this to shut off.

hummingbird1955

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:45:54 PM »
      I did try that to no avail--no option to turn that feature off. Thanks for replying though!

hummingbird1955

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »
        I know this is a very miniscule issue compared to the biggies, but did find the answer just by googling the problem and thought I'd share.

Open Printers/Faxes>File>Server Properties>Advanced>Uncheck Show informational messages.

It worked.