Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer administrator file lost-windows vista  (Read 3032 times)

betsy

Topic Starter

computer administrator file lost-windows vista
    « on: July 25, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »
    We have windows vista home premium edition on a dell lap top which has been working normally. my boyfriend tried to log into his user account and it says User Profile Service service failed.it seems to knpw the password as if you put it in wrongly it says incorrect password.this is very bizarre as my account is working normally.i have tried everything i can think of to change the settings but they all require the administrator password which it doesnt recognise. i have even tried going in to the set up pages at start up and chnging options but nothing is working...we really dont want to lose all his documents and pictures please help!!!

jamesj2001

Beginner

Re: computer administrator file lost-windows vista
      « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
      Does your account not have admin privelages?

betsy

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:01:47 PM »
        we cant access the admin privileges as they need the admin password which it wont recognise. i have tried changing the password in set up but it still wont work :-[

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
        I'm afraid, when it comes with bypassing passwords, we really can't help you there.
        Partly because it is against the forum rules.

Sorry.

The only advice I could give you now is to follow the instructions here:
        http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
        (I suggest just posting a HijackThis because the other steps require admin privileges.