Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: tbps.ini.dat  (Read 2034 times)

shoelace7

tbps.ini.dat
« on: July 25, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »
Windows XP  Home Edition Version 2002  Service Pack 3

Why is tbps.ini.dat in My Documents?  What should I do about it?

www.exterminate-it.com/malpedia/file/tbps.ini.dat says that it is a malware-associated dll, but goes on to say that malware files can be camouflaged with the same names as legitimate files.  It seems that I've read that it could be part of a legitimate file.  Many have mentioned WebSearch.  Can you always see a toolbar?  Other sites-I think maybe Spyware Doctor was one of them-have detailed a really tedious process of getting into a whole lot of registry and file ending and process ending and so on-it kind of wore me out just reading about it, especially since I don't even know what it is or how it got there!  Not even who to ask.  I typed it in on several sites(such as VirusList. com, etc., and got no results.  I've had questions before about various things. and not known where to turn, so decided that maybe it was time I started getting associated with help forums.  like, where and who do I ask a question to?  Oftentimes, I'm afraid to just delete something suspicious because 1. these things seem to relate to a lot of other files, and 2. registry entries, etc.  (Am I really just such a newbie, or is it for real as complicated as it sure as *censored* appears to be?---------well, guess this is a start for now.  gotta start somewhere(shrug)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:16:15 PM by shoelace7 »

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: tbps.ini.dat
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »
It is a Toolbar that was installed to your system.... Not familiar with it, but if you google tbps.ini without the .dat you find lots of problems with this baby from hijacked browser to Trojans.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: tbps.ini.dat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »