Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound  (Read 2599 times)

maicymary

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    No sound
    « on: July 23, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »
    I am so fed with my computer. It plays music and Cds, VCDS, DVDs but i cannot hear any sound. The sound for the TV card installed works properly but i cannot liten to anything else except watch Tv. I want to watch movies and listen to music. What should i do?

JXY

Hopeful
      Re: No sound
      « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »
      *yawn*, more info pls.

OS?

drivers installed? (guessing not)

control panel > sounds and devices > does it say no audio device found?

if so, then you need to go to your sound card's manufacturer website and download and install the appropriate drivers.

there was a similar post recently, gave pretty much the same advice there.

*yawns again*, i'm off to bed, getting quite....early i should say. Good luck! :D
      Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

smoovjazz

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
        Smoovjazz,
           I agree! your tv card more than likely came with a cd which contained the
        driver associated with it. A driver is a set of tools or data that communicates
        with your operating system, windows xp or windows vista, and translates
        instructions back and forth in order to produce sound. If you still have the
        disc which came with your computer, insert the disc into your cd or dvd player,
        hold down the shift key on your keyboard for about 5 to 10 seconds so that it doesn't start, then right click on my computer, click properties, then look for hardware, device manager, in the middle of the screen, click this and see if you
        have any exclamation marks next to sound, if so, right click on it, and click update
        driver. Warning click the 3rd option, do not select use the internet, this will insure
        it looks at the disc you inserted.

JXY

Hopeful
          « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »
          OPs been gone for a while.
          Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

maicymary

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
            « Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:37:55 AM »
            I have checked all those things but they are saying that the drivers are working properly. It is searching for Multimedia Audio Controller. Which are not in my computer. No Audio capture. I am understanding all these.