Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Crysis displays error message before loading  (Read 4863 times)

jakkusto

Topic Starter

Rookie

Crysis displays error message before loading
    « on: July 28, 2008, 11:50:51 PM »
    Hi,

I just fixed an issue I had with my computer that caused it to freeze, and now I finally got back up to speed, went to install crysis, and after installing it and trying to play it, I get a message that says, "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000)". The problem is that I'm using the original dvd , not a copy. My only clue is this: right before the freezing issue occurred, I had been playing crysis for about 4 hours straight on this new system which I had built same day. The game was right in the middle of an in-level event when it suddenly froze...audio looped very rapidly forever and the screen displayed the last image I had just seen. After I restarted the system, the freezing issue started occurring with my entire system(eventually fixed by updating BIOS). However, while trying to fix the freezing issue, I decided to try playing crysis again to see if the system would crash...the first time I tried doing this, I received this same "original disc" error. It's almost like the disc became corrupted by the first freezing event. Any ideas on how/if I can fix this without having to go buy a new game? Thanks!

!~*:.Pink Floyd.:*~!

Re: Crysis displays error message before loading
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:50:52 AM »
    reinstall it

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

jakkusto

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Crysis displays error message before loading
      « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »
      Ahh, ok. Looks like a lot of people have this problem, I should have done my homework...thanks anyways! As a final note, it does make that clicking noise that's being described, but oddly enough I tried to play the game last night and it worked, so I guess I just need to keep the disk clean.