Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Connection Sharing  (Read 3197 times)

trouble1

Internet Connection Sharing
« on: February 24, 2005, 09:07:05 PM »
I finally got everything I needed for internet connection sharing for a 98SE and 95. Installed new network card for the 95 computer PCI Bus 10/100 Mbps and added new drivers for it and set up ICS for both and configured one as host and the other as client. Using a Ethernet Switch and cat5 cable and still can't get the 95 to dail up. Does anyone know what may be wrong ? :(
Thanks Ronda

gussery

Re: Internet Connection Sharing
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 05:29:22 AM »
Which computer is the gateway/host computer and which computer is the client?
What software are you using for ICS?
Are you running firewall software on either/both computer(s)/
Is the firewall software configured to allow local network connections?

John Chain

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 05:48:07 PM »
Did you configure the computers to use the network adapter (did you install it in the network preferences)? Shut off your dial-up adapter. Configure a connection.

trouble1

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 05:48:35 PM »
The host is using windows 98SE and the client is windows 95. Software would be microsoft  windows.  I really don't know how to check and see if there is any firewall software, wouldn't know what to look for, but it would most likely be on the windows 95 computer.  I just checked and didn't see anything that looks like it might be a firewall program.
Thanks ???

trouble1

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
Could you tell me how to configure the computers to use the network adapter. I did install a network card in the 95 and installed drivers for it. How do I shut off the dial up adapter and configure a connection?
Thanks ???

trouble1

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 07:51:28 PM »
Both computers are accessing the internet just not at the same time.