Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer 7 Does Not Run After Installed On XP Home  (Read 1825 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Internet Explorer 7 Does Not Run After Installed On XP Home
    « on: August 02, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
    I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled XP Home, which includes IE6, and my other programs.  I downloaded IE7 and went thru the validation and installation process, and rebooted.  Everything looked fine.  However, when I opened up IE, I still have IE6.  I repeated the installation procedure with the same results.  I checked My Computer\Local Disk\Program File\Internet Explorer, and sure enough, it showes IE6.  BTW - the installation created an Internet Explorer Troubleshooting shortcut on my desktop.  When I click on it, it takes me to Page Cannot Be Displayed.  I have reformatted in the past, installed the same programs, and never had a problem upgrading to IE7.  Can anyone offer a solution?

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      Re: Internet Explorer 7 Does Not Run After Installed On XP Home
      « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
      Additional point on the above problem:  I installed XP Service Pak 3 prior to installing IE7, which is something I did not do in the past.  Could this be the problem?  Is so, what is the workaround?