Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus Eee PC 1000H WiFi problems  (Read 17049 times)

Bonni

Asus Eee PC 1000H WiFi problems
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:23:16 PM »
So i just bought a Asus Eee PC 1000H with windows XP, and the wireless internet will not work.  I called teck. support and they told me to download the required Drivers, but i am not sure how to transfer them from my PC to my laptop with a USB drive and then install the drivers into the Laptop.  If anyone could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Asus Eee PC 1000H WiFi problems
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:54:48 PM »
Can you wire it up?

Any error messages when you try to connect wirelessly?

rock_lee_96

Rookie

• Ninja of the HōJō
    « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:00:59 AM »
    Well, as much as I know, If you have a USB flash drive plug it in our PC, and wait for 2-3 minutes for the PC to recognize the device. (If you don't have a flash drive, skip to option 2...) Then, it should appear on "my computer" as a removable device with it's own letter. Double Click on it to open it. Then download the drivers from the website, but make sure that you choose the DESKTOP.
    After download finishes, Copy/Cut the drivers from the desktop and put them on the flash with a Right CLick>Paste. Then after copying/moving finishes, use  the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the system tray to remove your flash SAFELY. Put the flash into laptop and you're ready to open it & install.

If you need more help just write :D

Post modified for content.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:42:00 AM by patio »
    I am Kotaro, the ninja of the HōJō.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »
    If you don't have a flash drive it get's a bit trickier.
    First, go buy a cable with a USB plug on one side and on the other. Then connect the two PC's, and wait for them to recognize each other (use additional settings if needed). Using the internet on your PC download the drivers and then move them to the laptop's harddrive. (It should appear perfectly if you have connected everything right.) After copying finishes you can dissconnect the 2 PC's and go to your laptop to install the drivers.

Please ignore this advice ! !

Using a regular USB cable to connect 2 machines can result in damage to one or both of them....there are special cables for this task and it and it should have been mentioned above.

rock_lee if you don't have the required background or knowledge about a certain subject please refrain from hitting the Post button.

You've been warned.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 01:33:44 AM »
    So i just bought a Asus Eee PC 1000H with windows XP, and the wireless internet will not work.  I called teck. support and they told me to download the required Drivers, but i am not sure how to transfer them from my PC to my laptop with a USB drive and then install the drivers into the Laptop.  If anyone could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Go to the asus website with your PC. Now download the drivers and save them to my documents.

Now insert your flash drive. Go to My Computer and find your flash drive(probably F or G). OPen your flash drive and minimize it. Now open My Documents and re size it to about a quarter of the size of your screen. Now maximize your flash drive and re size it.

Place both of the folders side by side. now drag the drivers from My Documents into your flash drive.

Now you can plug your flash drive into your laptop and access the driver.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/