Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I'm begging and ready to cry. Laptop won't start, help please!  (Read 1966 times)

BananaRama

Topic Starter

Ok, so here is the deal:  I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC that's about a year and half old.  I've NEVER had any problems with until now. 

About a 2 weeks ago, I get an automatic message from HP telling me that my type of computer may have a hardware problem and that I should use some sort of survey thing to check if my computer is one of them.  I started and found out my computer probably did have this problem (whatever it was), but I didn't finish the survey, because it was getting very long and I got this message just as I was about to leave on vacation, where I would not be using the computer.  I figured I could just pick up where I left off when I got back-- wrong. 

Almost as soon as I got back my computer started, well, bugging out, for lack of a better term.  My screen started spazzing and got all line-y, then it restarted itself.  I started it in safe mode to see if I could figure out what had happened, but in truth I had no clue what to look for.  I tried to start it regular again, which was obviously a mistake, because I then got the blue screen, which then restarted itself, and then it tried some sort of auto-repair, which failed about 3-4 times, restarting itself after each time.  I tired taking out the battery, just to see if it would help-- it didn't.  So, I just turned it off. 

I asked a friend who knows some stuff about computers to see what he thought, but when I turned on my computer to show him what was happening, it wouldn't start.  The lights came on, but the screen was black, blank, dead.  He tried everything he knew of to get it to work, all of which I don't understand, but could probably describe, if that would be helpful.  This is the point I'm at now.

I tired calling HP Support, but because my computer is more than a year old, they won't even talk to me over the phone unless I pay 50 bucks, which being a poor college student, I don't have.  Please, please help me.  I haven't even finished paying off the friggin thing and I can't afford to get a new one, even though I need one for class.  I'll provide you with any details/info I can if it will help! I'm so stressed that I'm literally in tears. :'(

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!
    P.S.
    Just remember I also got some weird messages as it was trying to fix itself.

ArtSiren

Rookie

Re: I'm begging and ready to cry. Laptop won't start, help please!
      « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
      Sorry to hear your story. I can't really help you with anything technical as I'm in severe difficulty with my computer at the moment, and getting some help from the kind people here myself!

What does stand out from your post though is that HP say they won't talk to you, presumably because it's run out of warranty - but the problem happened because of a hardware fault, which is down to THEM, not you! I'd try and find out if they can replace your computer or fix it for free - errr, I'm not a lawyer either but it sounds like they've got a duty if it was a hardware fault caused by them.

Sorry I can't be more help.

BananaRama

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:22:30 AM »
        Thanks, at least you responded to my post...  Did I break some rule?  Why is no one answering?   T_T

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »
        What Windows Operating System?

Just remember I also got some weird messages as it was trying to fix itself.
        What was it?

Why is no one answering?   T_T
        It takes some time  ;)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:47:35 AM »
        This is not a live chat room 24/7....
        It is a Forum staffed with Volunteer Helpers...

Be Patient.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "