Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CSV Append  (Read 2273 times)

twisted mage

CSV Append
« on: August 06, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
I'm have a technician tool I'm working on for our onsite technicians.  One of the things we want to do is gather general system data on machines we work on using the software I'm creating.  The easiest way I've found to do this is to run the command line for System Info to export the SysInfo data to a CSV file.  The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to append this to an existing spreadsheet without doing it manually.  Is there a command line feature that can append a csv to an xls spreadsheet or MS Access DB Table?  Or is there a freeware tool anyone knows of that I could easily integrate?  Unfortunately any components I've found to grab system info that I can import into a VB project only seem to grab HDD, Physical Memory Usage/Total, and CPU Usage/Total.  I'd like to have alot more info than this.

Help! 

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: CSV Append
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »
Seems to me you should get EVEREST Corporate Edition.  It will generate CSV reports, along with it's many other features.