Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need hardware tweak for COD4  (Read 4772 times)

Dgit

Topic Starter

Rookie
    need hardware tweak for COD4
    « on: August 06, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
    I have a slight problem with Call of Duty 4, and i would really like to know if there is a way around it. (also your first thought is gona be that im an idiot, please dont actually post that) You see, the minimal requirements for COD4 require a GeForce 6600 or higher... i have a GeForce 5600, thus it doesnt work. The game can not be returned as it is opened. Everything else matches and/or exeeds the minimal requirements. Every time i launch the game, there is an error message that says: "Error during innitialization: video card or driver does not support separate alpha blend, glow will be disabled" Disabling the glow feature seems like an easy thing to do, its in the game options, but the game wont launch. Is there a way to disable this "glow" feature without laaunching the game, and will that make it work, even with terrible lag, i just want it to launch.
    Intell Pentium 4 3ghz
    BFG GeForce 9800GTX+
    470W PSU (insufficent)
    2 sticks 3GB RAM, 2 DVD drives
    ASUS P5ND2-SLI motherboard

homer

Expert
      Re: need hardware tweak for COD4
      « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »
      why not upgrade your graphics card? what type of interface does your current card use?

h0w

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »
        i doubt with the current card that you are going to be able to run the game enjoyably any way... im talking like 10-15 fps max. i would consider buying a new card. as far as i know there is no way to change video settings out side of the game interface.

Dgit

Topic Starter

Rookie
          « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »
          i have thought of upgrading the video card, in fact im sure that will be done. I dont know my interface, but the computer isnt fully mine, so the true owner can figure that out. I was just looking for a way to make COD4 work now, i dont wana wait a week, il be gone from this house by then.
          Intell Pentium 4 3ghz
          BFG GeForce 9800GTX+
          470W PSU (insufficent)

homer

Expert
            « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:02:53 AM »
            patience is a virtue. besides, COD4 multiplayer can be quite frustrating for new people as they tend to get killed...ALOT.

Dgit

Topic Starter

Rookie
              « Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:46:29 AM »
              no im not a bad player, i have COD4 at home in a different country, im actually quite good, im just on the other side of the world right now, and i have the game here, and i wana play the game here. (its a different copy, the cd keys are different). I guess il just wait for the new video card.
              Intell Pentium 4 3ghz
              BFG GeForce 9800GTX+
              470W PSU (insufficent)