Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 problem  (Read 5811 times)

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
    Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 problem
    « on: August 11, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
    It's been a while since I posted anything here.  Lately I've been playing "Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2" on our newest PC.  (It still hasn't changed since the last time I mentioned it.  It is still the HP Pavilion a1440n.)  Now, I have something to mention.  For a while, both on this one and another computer was Windows XP Service Pack 2 or 3, I have encountered a problem with both "Jedi Knight" and "Mysteries of the Sith" sometimes crashing to the desktop when I save or load a game from the menu when I am in the middle of going through a level.  (Quicksaving in the level never causes crashes.)  It has been an extremely long time since it last did that to me, as I had found out that disabling the Cryptographic Services when playing the game prevents the crashes from happening.  (I always enable and start them again after exiting the game.)  I've been hoping that Microsoft would issue a hotfix to keep the Cryptographic Services from crashing "Jedi Knight" or "Mysteries of the Sith" when loading or saving a game from the menu.  I can't have the game crash on me, as I find that very annoying and distracting.

I also have to mention that in order to get the cutscenes in the game to work perfectly, I have to run the game in windowed mode.  (This affects the cutscenes and the menus, but not the levels themselves, as the levels are always fullscreen.  In order to combat the menus and cutscenes appearing smaller, I have to set the screen resolution at 640 x 480.)