Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Soundblaster Live! installation  (Read 4884 times)

obryen

Soundblaster Live! installation
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:18:50 AM »
I've installed the Soundblaster Live! Digital card that came with my Dell on my mom's old HP Pavilion.  It runs Windows 98 SE.  I can't seem to install a functioning driver.  If I use the add hardware wizard, it can't find one that works, and if I select the SBLive driver from the list, it said the driver wasn't made specifically for the hardware, even though it really should be, and then it doesn't work.  If I go to system and look at the device manager, the installed sound blaster driver says it has a problem.  I've tried as many of the executable packages of the drivers that Creative's site has offered as possible, and none of them work.  The one that looks like it might work says it doesn't detect a soundblaster live card on my system, so install will now close.  So yeah.  Any help?

wrwss

Intermediate
  • PITTSBURGH,PA.
    Re: Soundblaster Live! installation
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 10:20:32 AM »
    Card is not compatable with hardware!Go to the card web-site and read the requirements!
    WRWSS

obryen

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:41:57 AM »
    I couldn't find them.

notlob

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 11:35:53 AM »
    Try looking at  http://come.to/sblive  the Aps drivers are v stable in 98se. They are not supported by creative but I've never had any problems. Good luck 8)
    Notlobdog :D