Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Modem Problem  (Read 3789 times)

Dr Wahab

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Modem Problem
    « on: February 24, 2005, 02:29:12 PM »
    Hello every1...
    I have Intel56K Data, Fax, Voice V.90 modem. About 2 weeks back when I connect the internet, the connection speed was 52Kbps or in other word, my modem was connected at 52 Kbps. But from last 2 days, it starts connecting at 50.6 Kbps. Due to this my internet speed it very slow. I have also reinstall its drivers but the problem it still there. I am using windows XP Prof installed on PIII system.
    I have also checked all the cables and lines. Every things seems fine. Any idea, suggestion will be appritiated.
    I shall be very thankfull. Take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    Dur-E-Wahab
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 02:53:59 PM by de.wahab1 »
    do take care of you and others

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Modem Problem
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 06:42:05 PM »
    Look at the wireless connection icon at the bottom-right of your screen... That is your active connection... Right-click on that, and hit Repair. Let us know what happens...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 07:03:07 PM »
      Dur-E-Wahab...This may come as a shock...but theres nothing wrong with your pc........your ISPs equipment determines the speed of your connection ....... If the loss of D/L speed has become an issue ......start by complaining to your ISP...... ( make certain ...that your pc isnt full of adware and spyware )   The differance between 52 bps and 50.6bps .....is a little over 2% .....
      Remember that you cant get more out than goes in ......
      If Speed is an issue get a hi speed connection .

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 07:04:15 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Dr Wahab

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 12:33:25 PM »
        Thanks for responce. Actually I have no any wireless connection. I have Dial Up connection from my ISP.
        Scondly when I connected at 50.6Kbps then the browsing speed is very very slow as compared to 52Kbps. I know that this is due to some problem which is still a mystry. I think this problem can be resolve by updating the drivers of my Modem. What do you think?
        So where I can fine latest drivers for
        Intel56K Data, Fax, Voice V.90 Modem.
        I shall be very thankfull to you.
        Dur-E-Wahab
        do take care of you and others

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 12:52:06 PM »
          Dur-E-Wahab.......you seem to be stuck on this ...it must be the drivers thing ........do you have the same drivers installed now as when it was connecting at 52bps ...or were you trying to improve on your D/L speed and installed something else ..........
          If you know the make and model of your modem .....simply go to drivers.com and get the latest one for that modem ......

let us know

dl65  ::)
          If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

The_Shaker

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 08:50:38 PM »
          Try - spyware removal such as Spybot Search and Destroy, a virus removal program, and perhaps uninstall and then reinstall Internet Explorer and in IE look under tools>internet options>settings manipulate the Stored pages options to see which one works best.

But at the end of the day, dial-up is not fast, so move to DSL or BB if possible.

Good luck.

Adam