Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I disabled my usb.  (Read 1998 times)

brandonsommerfeld

I disabled my usb.
« on: August 16, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »
First off, let me state that I am not posting on the problem machine, this is an alternate computer.

I will let you know about the history of the hardware; A few months ago my pci-e video card had blown some resistors, it has also blown the usb / ps2 ports on the back of my pc. The machine now remains with 3 USB ports on front to work with, one for mouse, keyboard and one extra.

I have recently acquired a PSP, and I have not come to a conclusion why the pc would not recognize the device, I had heard a certain reason may be a USB 2.0 / 1.1 issue and I should disable my 2.0 ports, allowing them to return to 1.1. However, this disabled all my ports.

I cannot use mouse or keyboard in windows, however, I can use bios.
I have taken the CMOS battery out for 2 mins.
I have ran a system restore with no avail.
And I also have no windows disk, only a partition, so a way to restore my ports with a format is what I'm looking for.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I disabled my usb.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:51:04 AM »
I suspect the USB ports are underpowered....front ports are notorious for this on prebuilt machines...
You can buy a PCI USB card that will give you up to 6 new USB ports on the rear of the machine for about 25 Bucks...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "