Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mitsubishi 2070 pincushion distortion  (Read 2832 times)

Andy F

Topic Starter

Mitsubishi 2070 pincushion distortion
    « on: August 16, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »
    Hi all,
    I recently bought a used Mitsubishi 2070 22in. CRT monitor for graphic design work. While it has excellent clarity for text and images there is an annoying pincushion distortion at the top of the screen. In the OSM panel there is a control for In/Out (side to side) distortion but not from the top down. Is it possible to correct this? Help greatly appreciated!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mitsubishi 2070 pincushion distortion
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
    Did you try it with another computer?
    Is it new monitor, or used one?

Dias de verano

Re: Mitsubishi 2070 pincushion distortion
    « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:09:53 AM »
    Did you try it with another computer?
    Is it new monitor, or used one?

Quote from: Andy F
    I recently bought a used Mitsubishi 2070 22in. CRT monitor

I had a used Iiyama monitor with an annoying slight pincushion problem. I messed about with the geometry controls & could not shift it. You may find (if this is possible) that changing the monitor's orientation with respect to the Earth's magnetic field and any magnets such as those in loudspeakers, and any large lumps of ferrous metal can make a slight difference. CRT monitors often have slight geometry problems which are noticeable compared with LCD monitors (which don't have any because of their design. They are very sensitive to being moved about and to being roughly handled. (The coils on the neck of the tube are aligned in the factory and glued in place but can shift.) A few degauss cycles may help, but you'll probably have to live with it.

From a review in the UK "Personal Computer World" magazine of this monitor in 20023 when it cost over £500 UK (over $1000)...

Geometrically, however, a very slight pin-cushion distortion existed in the top corners that couldn't be corrected.

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/hardware/2044408/nec-mitsubishi-diamond-pro-2070sb