Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XML Data conversion help  (Read 3153 times)

kidnez

XML Data conversion help
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:26:40 AM »
Hello everyone,
I hope this is a good place to ask for help with this type of thing.
I am using an HP iPaq with WM5 and XSForms for an "in the field" data collection system. The data output of this program is XML, which gets transferred to my desktop PC (XP Pro) at the end of the day. My problem is that I need the XML data to be converted into a viewable/printable format that allows me to view each location's data on its own page, instead of one long run of XML. I would also like something that can translate the header of each entry into a header instead of the under_scored_garble that is part of getting XSForms to work correctly. :-\
I have searched extensively for a simple program that would allow me to perform these operations, and cannot find anything. I guess an XML to .doc conversion would probably suffice, but I seriously cannot find one that does what I am describing.
I am learning Java programming and would be happy to create a little app for this, but need a guru to work with me on it. I am new to Java and XML, so I'm a little in the dark and overwhelmed with all the options available. I don't know where to start a project like this. I am learning by using NetBeans, which may or may not be the best choice for this type of thing. Any advice or support would be greatly apprieciated.
Thanks!