Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue screen errors  (Read 3940 times)

Keith Krueger

Blue screen errors
« on: March 08, 2005, 06:34:51 AM »
I got a dell 4700 right before X-mas.  I've done about 7 system restores.  It works for a while then all of a sudden blue screen errors and sluggish performance.  This last blue screen error said "unmountable_boot_volume."  In the past I've had "kernel_date_inpage_error."  I've been back and forth between thinking somethings physically wrong wit the computer.  It started acting up again after working perfect for 3 weeks after my last system restore.  Once it starts I haven't been able to correct it and have always ended up having to do a system restore.  ???

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: Blue screen errors
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 07:30:33 AM »
Stop Errors are generally caused by hardware problems. Check out the link below:

http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html#7a

The page above has links back to Microsoft solutions.

Good luck.  8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:16:47 PM »
     Keith Krueger.......If your pc is new , why wouldnt you simply have Dell fix it for you....... If you have had to do 7 restores since then .........Either you need some to learn a bit more about pcs or there's something seriously wrong with the pc ......Why was it necessary to do all those restores ?
    Do you have anti virus protection ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Keith Krueger

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:58:22 PM »
    Long story.  I do have up to date virus scan and firewall.  The first time I had problems, I atrributed it to a game I had installed.  Each time I talked to Dell they assured me it was some sort of software issue, not hardware.  Nothing common seems to set it off.  I'll restore the thing (pc restore) not system restore, it'll work great for a month to where I'm just feeling it was something wierd and then bam it happens again.  Once I had a virus that I removed, but it started the blue screen errors.  Once I had spyware that I couldn't remove.  A couple of times I have no idea what set it off, I just notice major sluggishness on the computer like it's really struggling to do simple things and then bam it crashes.  It had been working for a month and then last night I was about to burn a CD and when the window popped up it was sluggish.  Definitely seemed off, so I set it to burn and when I came back it was the blue screen.  When I restarted, blue screen again with the unmountable boot volume error, restarted again and it's been working fine all day.  I'm really starting to feel like there is something wrong with the computer itself, but since it's sparodic it's hard to pinpoint.  My gut feeling is that it's something with the hard drive, some sort of sparodic memory leak, or some component on some pcb that's just not quite right.  I was an electronics technician in the navy for 5 years so I understand troubleshooting.  My pc knowledge level is probably 7 out of 10.