Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem Event Name:CLR20r3  (Read 5214 times)

tophatpainter

Problem Event Name:CLR20r3
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »
I've had this Toshiba Satellite for about 6 months. It runs Windows Vista.  About a month after I got it, it started to act narcoleptic, falling asleep and not waking up unless I hard reset it.  I'm sure this has caused all sorts of havoc, and I've taken it in to Geek Squad twice for that, but they are still scratching their heads.  That's some of it.  About a month ago, I bought Business Plan Pro and have been toiling away at the perfect business plan.  The computer fell asleep in the middle of this and the program wouldn't work.  I uninstalled, reinstalled (realized I lost the serial numbers), bought a new version of the software, same thing.  installed the repair, etc, etc. I took it in to Geek Squad (I have a Best Buy card, otherwise I wouldn't have) and after $130, 3 different techs messing with my settings (and losing my research on that business plan in the process), they gave it back to me without fixing the problem.  They updated my .NET, they cleaned the hard drive.  The only thing they said I can do now is reformat the hard drive.  Since I don't have the rest of my life to do that, or $130 to have them do it, I'm hoping that there is another option.  This is what the thing says:
Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   pas.bppenu11.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   46fd7686
  Problem Signature 04:   System.Configuration
  Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   47577dd9
  Problem Signature 07:   1a8
  Problem Signature 08:   4d
  Problem Signature 09:   IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
I googled the *censored* out of this, but all I got was talk about .NET problems, network problems, and debugging stuff.  I'm not a proficient geek, but I can get by if you explain things.  I am at a complete loss and I hope someone can help me get this $330 program working. ???

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problem Event Name:CLR20r3
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:18:43 PM »
Hmmm....did you contact the program maker?