Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluescreens in games  (Read 2338 times)

DivineRage002

Topic Starter

Rookie

Bluescreens in games
    « on: August 23, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »
    Recently my computer started having bluescreen randomly appear in games, with messages such a 0x0000007E and some others.

Sometimes also, World of Warcraft crashes and tells me that the "Memory could not be read". This leads me to believe that its a RAM problem, however, I ran Memtest 86+ v1.70, and let it go through each test 2 or 3 times, and it showed absolutely no errors, so I'm guessing that's not the problem.

Now once in a while when I get a bluescreen, Vista tells me it found what the problem is, and it tells me its my graphics card, and then tells me to download the latest drivers.

I already downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card, so I though, could my GPU's RAM be corrupted? Is there any way to find out for sure?

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB
    Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-E SLI Nforce 680I SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2 2PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 RAID Motherboard
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX
    RAM: Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit
    Case: Antec P180 ATX Advanced Mid Tower Aluminum Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS W/ USB & Audio Ports
    Power supply: OCZ GameXStream 700W ATX12V 24PIN SLI Ready Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fan Black
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive
    OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32BIT DVD OEM

merlin

Beginner

Re: Bluescreens in games
      « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »
       DivineRage002 $$>>>with messages such a 0x0000007E ....................whereis the rest of error code...it helps.

DivineRage002

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 05:20:59 PM »
        Here's one I managed to take a picture of:
        0x0000000A (0x811A7F3C, 0x0000001B, 0x00000001, 0x8287AB67)

I'll update with more as I get them.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
        Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can acc

From MSDN...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DivineRage002

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »
          Its definitely not a bad driver since I updated to the latest one from Nvidia's website.
          I also doubt it would be incompatible since it worked fine for nearly a whole year before. Is there any way to test the GPU's RAM for errors such as Memtest?

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »
          There are more drivers than just video drivers....

According to the stop error messages this is definitely a driver issue and or a hardware incompatibility issue...

Both the 00000a and ooooooooo7 errors support this.

But if you insist it's not a driver oh well...

niaz444

Starter

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »
            hi

this is nice  game.

i play this.

DivineRage002

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:25:52 AM »
              There are more drivers than just video drivers....

According to the stop error messages this is definitely a driver issue and or a hardware incompatibility issue...

Both the 00000a and ooooooooo7 errors support this.

But if you insist it's not a driver oh well...

Then what do you suggest I do? I already have the latest driver installed.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 07:37:31 AM »
              Re-install all your drivers ...start with the MBoard chipset drivers first.
              This is important.

ihatebillgates

Starter

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »
                I had a similar issue while playing AoC.  Turned out it was a conflict with my specific sound card.  I would start there. Check the game forums and see if anyone has had a similar issue.  Updating my sound card drivers didn't help but changing a sound setting in the game was the solution (which I found on the forums).  Good luck.