Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: burner won't acknowledge blank discs  (Read 8503 times)

BigPolishDog

burner won't acknowledge blank discs
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »
my HP Pavillion a630n, using the Windows XP format, has a Lite-On Dvd+RW SOHW-802S recorder that will not acknowledge/accept blank discs........i have three (3) different name brands (HP, Kodak and Sony) that i am using, and all 3 are being 'ignored'.......i have done the uninstall and re-install on the hardware........have gone to run/msconfig/service and the IMARI CD Burning Com appears as 'running'........have gone to Administrative Tools/Services and Imari CD-B is listed as 'started' and on Automatic........the unit (Lite-On) shows and plays 'factory pre-recorded' cds....but, will not recognize and play 'homemade' music cdrs........could appreciate any and all help.............cheers.............

Annon

Re: burner won't acknowledge blank discs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:31:02 AM »
Latest Drivers perhaps?

Does the disc work on other computers ?

xavier

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 07:25:07 AM »
Un install the drive and then re install

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
Some burners use different lasers for reading and burning....sounds as if one has gone South...

New dual-layer DVD burners are about 40 bucks shipped from newegg.com if you are in the States...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "