Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: beeping sound+ no dispplay  (Read 2210 times)

kiazand

Topic Starter

Starter

beeping sound+ no dispplay
    « on: August 24, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »
    hi i am having a problem with my computer, where when i turn the computer on pressing the power button, I hear continuous beeping noises and i have no display on the monitor. However my yellow indicator loading light on the CPU is flashing ... i have an on board nvidia video card on the computer and also bought another nvidia card and attached it to the pci slot... and had been using the pci slot video card for an year, and now there is no display ... i searched this topic up on google and it said to unplug the ram and replug it ... I tried it, and same problem ... then i took the pci video card out and connected the monitor to the onboard video card and i had display ... so what should i do to make the pci video card work again do i have to reinstall the software or something ... plz help :(

xavier

Re: beeping sound+ no dispplay
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
    sounds like a bad card. did you try the card in another pci slot?Have you gone into bios and disabled your on board and try re installing the pci card?

kiazand

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
      sounds like a bad card. did you try the card in another pci slot?Have you gone into bios and disabled your on board and try re installing the pci card?

ok so i have tried unisntalling the onbaord and reinstaling the pci card ... the way i did this was ... i uninstalled the onboard by going to computer manage/device setup/ select my onbaord video card and unistall/ then when i put my video card into PCI slot i styll got the beeping sound which last for about 30 sec or more... so as of now reinstalled my onboard card ... what i wanna knw now is ... is it the video card thats bad or the PCI slot ... and is there a test i can do to see if my PCI slot is working properly???

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
      did you try the card in another pci slot?
      Did you install video card a year ago, because you had some problems with on-board video?

kiazand

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »
        no sry i havnt tried the video card in another pci ... dont have access to another pc right now... buh i will find some way to do this asap... and no my onbaord video card was working fine the  reason installed the new card was because of an upgrade u can say ... from 128 card to 256...one more thing i had vista before and i intalled xp a month ago could that have cause the problem? :S

jamesj2001

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »
          If you're not even seeing the POST screen, software is not your problem.  You either have a bad card or a bad slot.  You need to either try that card in another slot or another card in that slot to determine which it is.