Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: locked file and locked external harddisk  (Read 2862 times)

wintersweat2000

Topic Starter

Starter

locked file and locked external harddisk
    « on: August 27, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »
    Hi there,
    I have a serious problem....
    My computer is joined to a domain. Now, I had this folder in my external hard-disk, and I actually wanted to restrict access to anyone but me....so I right-clicked and choose properties...and clicked onto security tab. and disabled access to everyone "so basically it said access to the owner only" and I thought it would be me... but now I cant access the folder at all, it always says "access denied". Pls help.

And another thing, I have another external hard-disk as well. Its Maxtor One Touch Mini 120Gb. I somehow put password into it...and now I have forgotten the password. Could anyone have some suggestions to get around it pls...

Thanks

merlin

Beginner

Re: locked file and locked external harddisk
      « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
      Is it yours.......I no the answer

wintersweat2000

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »
        Yes mr merlin....
        and i know i kept a very simple password, and thats why i dint even put the hint question. it was smthing very easy....but then i dint use it for a while and then i forgot about it....the sames happened with my nokia6230. I had a security code on it and then suddenly the screen went blank "a white screen only" and it was outta warranty so i dint use it and bought a new one....recently the phone screen came back up again...but then it asked for the security code....and now I have forgotten that as well....
        Pls heplp

merlin

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
          You have posted.with a desc......ent problem  but you
          seem to lack a problem........with your reply.{mispelling]

Answer take it all to shop where you have purchased it.

wintersweat2000

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:34 PM »
            well mr merlin....
            if that was the only answer than we would not need the forum at all would we??? Anyway....thanx for your opinon.
            I have a solution now.

Regards,
            Mr Wizard